Study in Singapore with modern teaching tools, technology, and research facilities, Singapore’s universities deliver top-quality courses that nurture your creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Strong links between universities and neighboring industries also ensure relevant courses for you to gain valuable practical skills.
Singapore is an open and cosmopolitan city-state and island country. That welcomes more than 86,000 international students from 120 nationalities every year. As a choice destination for advanced education. Singapore is unique in providing a safe and stimulating environment to develop the next generation of world leaders.
Over the years, a study in Singapore has evolved from its traditional British-based education system. To one that catered to the needs of individuals and nurtures talent. The strength of Singapore’s education system lies in its broad-based curriculum.
Students acquire relevant skills and abilities to succeed in competitive international environments.
Universities in Singapore provide undergraduate and graduate degrees in almost any field you can imagine. You can pursue a degree in Business, Engineering, Languages, or Social Sciences.
Here are some of the most popular study in Singapore
- Business Administration degrees in Singapore
- Finance degrees in Singapore
- Management degrees in Singapore
- Environmental Engineering in Singapore
All universities in Singapore have a website with a simple and straightforward online application process.
You simply have to choose the degree(s) you wish to enroll in and submit all required documents.
Carefully check all the required application documents and make sure they are all translated into English. For instance, an internationally recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is the main requirement. When enrolling for a Master’s degree at a university in Singapore.
- Make sure to know what the language requirements are. And whether you need to prove skills in English before enrolling in a degree program.
- Show how you performed as a student. And be sure to know what your Grade Point Average (GPA) was during your studies.
- To help your chances of going to Singapore, be sure to apply to more than one university.
There are over 150 English-taught programs in Singapore.
Universities in Singapore will want to see proof that you have good English-language skills so that you can easily succeed in their courses. Almost all Singapore universities accept these official English exams:
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Many study programs have a bilingual policy, combining English with Malay, Mandarin, or Tamil study languages.
- Proof of acceptance for admission from the institution.
- A valid passport.
- Completed student application form.
- The receipt of the visa fee.
- Proof of funds.
- At least two passport size photos.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Academic certificates.
The tuition fee in Singapore for international students costs around US$26000 for 2022 intake. However, it may significantly vary depending on the university and the course you choose. When it comes to the general living costs in Singapore. Know that it falls somewhere between SG$900 and SG$2000 for personal expenses.
Study in Singapore since accommodation is a necessity that comes associated with various utilities like electricity and hydro bills; it demands the largest chunk of your budget. General Housing Accommodation costs in Singapore fall around S$800-$1000 for a single person to rent a room. For a 4-person family, a whole flat rental will cost between $2,500-$4,000.
How do you tackle the excessive housing rents in Singapore? Well, there are two ways around it: either consider living on campus or share an apartment with friends. These cost-cutting solutions are popular basically all over the world and will significantly decrease the expenditure for shelter.
Internet, you’ll pay for your own. Rates are around $50/month.
Gas, costing you about $20-50/month. Note that in Singapore, cooking is generally not allow if you are renting a room with a live-in landlord.
Electricity, This will set you back between $50-$200/month depending on usage.
Fortunately, eating out in Singapore is pretty cheap. There are plenty of delicious food options everywhere costing between $4-10 per meal (meal + drink). If you dine-in at restaurants, expect to fork out $20-30 per person generally.
After all, your main purpose for moving to Singapore is to get admit. To a top-tier university or college for education.
- The NUS school fee is somewhere between US$25,600 and US$29,300 for the 2022 intake.
- The SMU school fee is around US$36,350 for the 2022 intake.
- The SUTD school fee is significantly higher and can be around US$39,900.
- The SIT school fee falls somewhere between US$22,500 to US$32,000 for the 2022 intake.
- The application fees for the course.
- Miscellaneous fees that may include lab, health insurance fees, or such.
- Study materials like textbooks, laptops, and anything else you might need for the university.
- Uniform and other outwear costs regarding the university requirements.
Unlike the other aspects, public transportation costs in Singapore are quite cheap as compared with other countries. A one-way bus fare can fall somewhere between SG$1 or SG$2 depending upon how far your destination is.
Entertainment is essential for mental health. If you move to Singapore for education, you will probably be visiting parks, playgrounds. Historical places, museums, and other attractions in Singapore.
Entertainment costs can fall somewhere around SG$$10-40 per person per attraction place. This can include a variety of attractions such as museums, parks, etc.
Health insurance is an essential step towards financial protection.
The average cost for health insurance in Singapore is about SG$1,200 yearly. However, there are various aspects it varies on. For instance, age, gender, and coverage are some important ones.
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University